Saturday 9 November 2013

My Introduction to Colour Analysis

I was introduced to Colour Analysis about 15 years ago, when I was “dragged” by a work colleague (also a “Sue”) to have my colours “done”.  Sue had a similar colour obsession, and was tired of seeing me in the standard working uniform of black and dark navy suits, which so many working women wore, and still wear these days.

I can’t remember in detail my work tops and shirts at that time, but I do remember a wardrobe full of almost identical black jumpers and black short-sleeved tops, some dark grey and dark brown, white shirts, maybe the flash of a pink or red top amongst the darkness. My coats and jackets were black, as were my jeans, shoes and handbags, and I had drawers stuffed full of  black tights;  black was so easy to buy in terms of little hunting around for items, and it required little thought about coordinating colours.  I remember saying to Sue “Look, there is colour in my wardrobe?”, as I genuinely believed that there was – and I was disheartened at the time when she disagreed.

Having my colours “done” was a revelation. I was a “Summer” in the traditional 4 seasons category system.  I still remember my best draping colours from that first colour consultation; a soft raspberry pink/red, a darkish blue-greyed charcoal colour, a purple damson.  I also remember being quite upset at the time that black did not feature as one of my best colours! It also made sense of why certain items hung unworn in my wardrobe  – a brown skirt for example, and  an orange sweater, neither of which are best colours for me.

Over the years, armed with my swatches, I have bought items which toned in with my palette. I have not always chosen wisely, though, and wasted £s and energy as a result  – but I may cover that in another post.

However I love “my” colours –and in finding so much enjoyment and pleasure from discovering my own palette I cannot help but blurt out to others that, “that colour does not suit them “ (... it’s usually someone on TV such as a newsreader, or a weather girl, as I’ve learnt not to say it uninvited face-to-face now!). Or, “that is such a lovely colour on you” , when someone is wearing a perfect colour for them, which harmonises totally by bringing their eyes alive, and making their skin glow – and they look beautiful;  I believe that everyone is capable of  looking beautiful when in their own colours.

So that is how I was introduced to Colour Analysis, and awakened to my own colours.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there to every body.This
    web site carries remarkable and actually good stuff for visitors. For more amazing info please visit at this link 11 Hair Hues

    ReplyDelete